Saturday, July 21, 2012

First full day in Guangzhou

First full day in Guangzhou. This morning we had a great buffet breakfast as we have had just about every morning since we left. The spread is quite huge. There is always something for everyones tastes. After that were to take a bus to the Consulate for doctors visits and Visa photos. As we were boarding the bus, yes she cried once again as you will see in the video. We can only assume that she thinks we are taking her back to the orphanage. Lisa held her and she quit after about 5 minutes on the bus. If she only knew or we could communicate to her that she is never going back. As we arrived at the Consulate we and our 13 other familys that spoke ENGLISH(had to put that in there) were all taken up to a floor full of people adopting children. You would not believe how busy we were being moved from one room to the next. Two nurses tried to use that ear thingy until they got there and went, Oh. Kinda funny, telling Lisa, you aint gonna use that on my daughter. You could tell that she had done this many times before and did everything that is requested of her. Then came the last room which I had been worried about this whole trip. TB test. I could not believe it, not even a whimper. God was looking out for my feelings for her at that time. I did not want her to think we are going to keep taking her around to be poked and prodded. Then as we returned the guide asked the group if they wanted for us to have a meal as a group and everyone agreed that would be a good idea. So after her nap this afternoon, we will all get ready to go have a meal together and get to hear some other folks adoption stories. That is all I have for now. I think I will go now and watch my daughter rest. J

2 comments:

  1. Joan and Leon CasselsJuly 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM

    That is great that she did so well with the TB test and ear exam. She will have much more to endure when she gets back here, but she is tolerating all of this very well so far! It is obvious that she can hear some - her "what" and "huh" are perfect!! Love to all - Mama C and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her so much already! Chris, I love to read your heart. I cry every time . . . I know . . . big suprise:) Talk soon.
    LM

    ReplyDelete