Monday, July 16, 2012

She is here

Well it is 4:45am on Tuesday morning. As I write this my wife and new daughter lay snuggled up in bed. Before I got up as my wife and I held hands over the top of her pillow, I thought how lucky can we be as a family are to have her in our life now. I think of all of the people that have got us to where we are now and it baffles me. So much time and energy has gone into this one single event. I guess that is why I am up at 4:45 to tell all of you how thankful we are to each and every one that has brought us to this time.

She has slept very well last night. We were granted our visit to the orphanage by the director. So we are to go to the Civil Affairs Office once again this morning, then travel 2 ½ hours to the orphanage. There is another family that I met on a Yahoo group that is to travel with their new son to visit as well. We had already had communication before we left for China with them and were so hoping to get to see them here. It will be a great time to actually see where she has spent the first 5 years of her life. What a joy it will be to fill in the rest. I don’t know if I will actually blog again before we travel to Guangzhou on Friday or not. We will see how much happens between now and then, but definitely keep looking in the album for pictures as I will be uploading those as often as I can. That is it for now, and just keep praying that everything goes as well as it already has. Love you all, Family and Friends…….

P.S. Lisa just woke up and saw me typing as was wondering what I was doing. Blogging of course. She called me over and said that EmmaLin woke up in the middle of the night and sat up. She started crying for about a minute. Lisa held and comforted her and she fell back asleep. How scary and strange this must be for her.

Chris

6 comments:

  1. Love you all... lots and lots of blessings! Still praying for safe travels and happy endings! :) Can't wait to meet your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys and can't wait to meet her. We pray for your safe travels. Delani says she seconds what Laura said "We love her already".

    The Whitehouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I got the chance to Skype with you today! I can't wait to welcome her to her new home and extended family. Hope today went well. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. All the pics and videos were priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girl after my own heart. Hamburgers and french fries. Can't wait tell you guys get home. Finally able to see the pictures. Your doing great. Thanks for sharing them with us. Love all lots!!!!

    Tina @ Jerry

    ReplyDelete